Published on May 31st, 2012 | by EDMinsider0
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Chicago’s Spring Awakening Festival This Year
- It is the first festival of its kind in Chicago: Did you find yourself stationed at the Perry’s tent during the entirety of Lolla last year? Well this is the event for you. No hip-hop or indie rock acts to be found at this fest, only straight up dance beats. Be a part of history by going to Spring Awakening this summer, because this is the first time that Chicago is throwing an all EDM festival.
- You get to physically step onto Solider Field: Attention football fans, here is your chance to step on official NFL turf. Originally, the festival was scheduled to take place on the grounds outside of the stadium. Many of you may remember the venue from when Deadmau5 played a killer set two summers ago. Last month, officials announced that the festival is expanding inside Solider Field to meet ticket demand. Spring Awakening will now be held on three stages on the south side of the stadium with a main stage inside.
- No strict genre stages: Most stages at a festival are set around a certain theme and host DJs that fall within the same music genre. Because Spring Awakening is on the smaller side of the music festival spectrum, each stage will feature DJs from across the EDM board. This allows people to move around, see the sights, and people watch as they migrate from stage to stage to see their favorite acts. On the other hand, for those who like to post up and stay grounded the entire day, the schedule presents the chance for people to come across acts that they would have never considered seeing. Dare I say it – who knows, you may actually discover that you like dub step.
- No need to request off work to partake: A typical music festival tends to take place from Friday to Sunday, leaving you with the qualm of taking time off work to accommodate your travel plans to the festival or any other pre-event preparations. No need to worry this time, Spring Awakening has got you covered. This event is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, thus it does not impede on the standard five-day work week. However, there is no guaranty that your productivity level will be up to its usual standard on Monday.
- Judgment-Free Environment: Unlike Lollapalooza or Pichfork Music Festival, you don’t have to worry about seeing somebody from work at Spring Awakening. Because if you do run into a co-worker at this fest, chances are they won’t expose you for the neon tank-wearing and sunglasses-sporting partier you really are. Because let’s face it, people who hate fun don’t show up to EDM festivals.
+ 1 – DID WE MENTION THE LINE UP?!
Article by: Amanda Stamelos