Published on April 2nd, 2012 | by Angela Samartano0
Review: Tiesto at Ultra Music Festival 2012 (Day 1) Full Set
Oh Tiesto. Comparable to a fine wine, or champagne (depending on your preference), seems to only get better with age. The iconic DJ/Producer kicked off Miami’s Ultra Music Festival Day 1 this year at the same time he also launched his brand new radio station on Sirius XM satellite radio. We’ve been seeing DJs with their own labels and even radio shows, but in typical Tiesto fashion; things go next level for the Dutch superstar. Club Life Radio, available on channel 52 of Sirius XM also featured the UMF sets of Musical Freedom artists such as Dada Life and Tommy Trash.
When asked about the new station, Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer of Sirius XM said, “With the launch of Tiesto’s Club Life Radio, we are confirming our role as a leader in dance music. Tiesto has long been on the cutting edge of the dance music culture, and we’re thrilled to offer him a platform to bring his unique artistic vision to SiriusXM listeners.”
Greenstein was correct. Tiesto HAS been on the cutting edge of EDM culture, and proves himself yet again throughout his set at 2012′s Ultra Music Festival. As if Tiesto and Miami didn’t go together like peanut butter and jelly, the legend took total control over the main stage of Ultra pulsing as fans were “Chasing Summers” under the Miami night sky. Tiësto “Own(ed) The Night” dropping his latest collaboration with Wolfgang Gartner featuring Luciana, which drops on April 6th through Musical Freedom. With every twist and turn of a knob, the crowd was enchanted and the energy was through the roof. Well, that is, if there was a roof, it would of 100% been blown away. Miami Music Week is the time to break out all the new tracks that are sure to take over our the airwaves and our hearts. Included in Tiesto’s set was the massive new track “Metropolis” from Nicky Romero & David Guetta as well as the new Size Records track from Nari & Milani with “Atom“. The “Trio” of Arty, Matisse & Sadko has become a new fan favorite as well as Tiesto’s tremendous remix to Coldplay’s “Paradise” and his EDM anthem with Hardwell in “Zero 76″.
Tiesto came to the event ready to kick off the first day of UMF, his new Club Life Radio, and certainly conquered in doing so. The Dutch talent rocked the main stage with heavy bass so hard that we could all “feel it in our bones” with an unforgettable set that keeps us wanting more. Has anyone else noticed a gap in T’s schedule conveniently for EDC Las Vegas this year? Fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else are crossed for him to join the epic Insomniac event.
01. Tiësto – Chasing Summers
02. Coldplay – Paradise (Tiësto Remix)
03. The Joy Formidable – A Heavy Abacus (Qulinez Remix)
04. Arty, Matisse & Sadko – Trio (Original Mix)
05. Wolfgang Gartner & Tiësto feat. Luciana – We Own The Night
06. David Guetta & Nicky Romero – Metropolis
07. Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me (Tiësto Remix)
08. ID – ID
09. Steve Aoki Feat. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix)
10. Calvin Harris – Feel So Close vs. Alesso – Raise Your Head (Sebastian Ingrosso Mashup)
11. Tiesto Feat. Kay – Work Hard, Play Hard vs. Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel – Turn It (ID Mashup)
12. Tiësto & Hardwell – Zero 76
13. Sandro Silva & Quintino vs. Dada Life – Epic vs. Kick Out The Epic Motherfucker (DJ Danzz Mashup)
14. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl Feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Axwell Mix)
15. Nari & Milani – Atom
16. The Naked & Famous – Young Blood (Tiësto & Hardwell Remix)
Article by: Angela Samartano