Published on April 3rd, 2012 | by Angela Samartano0
Morgan Page In the Air 93 (Album Edition) & Review
We’re feeling it; the change in the air. Besides the warm breeze of springtime, we are also feeling the brand new album release from Grammy nominated DJ, Morgan Page. Aptly titled after his weekly radio show and 2011 hit single, In the Air the album encompasses the tracks we have been loving from Morgan Page over the past few months, including his collaboration with Tegan and Sara in Body Work. After listening to the album from beginning to end, I began to pick up on Page’s concise use of a variety of vocalists, which all bring a unique element to the album collectively. In the 93rd episode of In the Air featured below, Page tells us that he usually likes to hand pick his vocalists and tries to see them live before working together. Very impressed with his selection, we hear a new collaboration with Tegan and Sara entitled Video and a big room beat filled track with Jonathan Mendelsohn alongside Andy Caldwell for Where Did You Go.
Along with reoccuring collaborators, new vocalists in the dance music scene such as Greg Laswell lend their talents to Morgan Page’s In the Air with his first ever dance single, Addicted. The track has a melodic beauty to it with a hard bassline destined to make this track a successful single. Morgan Page also explains in his 93rd episode that he linked up with Nadia Ali for the first time this year for Miami Music Week, and together they created a highly addcting track, Carry Me. The Grammy Nominated singer/songwriter can bring a sexy, powerful tune to any track, and this one in particular won over my heart and my iTunes (currently on repeat).
The biggest shock of the entire album was learning that Morgan Page actually sung on his own track for In the Air. The cover of the hit classic The Police – S.O.S (Message in a Bottle) gets it’s own Morgan Page rework, in more ways than just the obvious. Unless someone told you prior, listeners would not even recognize the DJ who does a stellar job on the track; semi-reminiscent of his general sound on the 2012 Believe album. Overall, the In the Air album is sure to be blown up throughout the EDM scene over the course of the next few months. His upcoming 2012 residency at Wynn Las Vegas, joining the likes of Afrojack, Steve Aoki, and Tiesto and appearances at both upcoming Coachella weekends ensure us that big things are ahead for the EDM golden child.
2. Morgan Page, Andy Caldwell, and Jonathan Mendelsohn – “Where Did You Go”
3. Morgan Page feat. Tegan and Sara – “Body Work”
4. Morgan Page and Nadia Ali – “Carry Me”
5. Morgan Page feat. Coury Palermo – “The Only One”
6. Morgan Page – “S.O.S. (Message in a Bottle)”
7. Morgan Page feat. Richard Walters – “The Actor”
8. Morgan Page – “Missing”
9. Morgan Page feat. Richard Walters – “Light Years”
10. Morgan Page feat. Shelley Harland – “Loves Mistaken”
11. Morgan Page feat. Shana Halligan – “Gimme Plenty”
12. Morgan Page feat. Tegan and Sara – “Video”
13. Morgan Page feat. Greg Laswell – “Addicted”
14. Morgan Page, Sultan + Ned Shepard and BT feat. Angela McCluskey – “In the Air” (Hard Rock Sofa Remix)